birding-aus

Pink Robins in NSW

To: Graeme Chapman <>, "" <>, Carol Probets <>
Subject: Pink Robins in NSW
From: Greg and Val Clancy <>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 08:31:14 +0000
Hi Carol,

Yes I omitted the pardalotes from my earlier post.  I have seen the
Yellow-spotted race of the Striated Pardalote, which only breeds in
Tasmania, in the Clarence Valley, NSW North Coast, a few times and during
the autumn-winter we get mixed flocks of Spotted and Striated Pardalotes.
There are usually 2 or more races of the Striated Pardalote represented at
that time.  The Black-headed race is our usual race locally.  I had 40+
pardalotes in a mixed species and mixed race flock in our Forest Red Gum in
the backyard some years back.

Regards

Greg
Dr Greg. P. Clancy