birding-aus

Spotted gums in flower south coast of NSW

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Spotted gums in flower south coast of NSW
From: Kim Sterelny <>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 03:54:45 +0000
Hi Folks

Those planning some time on the South Coast might like to know that there is a
fair amount of flowering in the spotted gum forests in the Tilba area, on the
slopes of Mt Gulaga. I was there last weekend and (despite being burdened with
a nasty cold) noticed a lot of honeyeater activity in the day (and lots of
Little Red flying foxes at night). I saw more numbers than variety: lots of red
wattlebirds; Lewins and yellow-faced, white naped honeyeaters and eastern
spinebilsl; and small flocks of rainbow lorakeets. But there were a lot of
small birds high in the trees that I never saw well enough to identify, so
could well have been much more there.

Fun just to see birds in such numbers, and so noisy

Kim

Kim Sterelny
Philosophy Program
RSSS, ANU

e-mail
<>,
<>

ANU Contact Information
Philosophy Program
Research School of the Social Sciences
Australian National University
0200 Canberra, ACT, Australia

phone

61- (0)2 6125-2886; messages:  Philosophy Program

61-(0)2 -6125 2341,
fax 61-(0)2 - 6125 3294