birding-aus

John Hutchison's Bird Recordings

To: "" <>
Subject: John Hutchison's Bird Recordings
From: Stephen Ambrose <>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 23:20:42 +0000
Some of you who are from my generation or older and who are from Western
Australia may be interested in this article.  The very first bird recordings
that I had as a young boy in the early 1970s were those of common Western
Australian birds on a vinyl record produced by John Hutchison.  I know John
reasonably well, he is a very knowledgeable and unassuming person, and was
one of several professionals in Perth at the time who encouraged a teenage
me to maintain an interest in birds.  I'm extremely glad that John's
recordings are now archived.

Field recordist honoured for recording bird and Aboriginal songs

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-28/field-recordist-honoured-for-contribut
ion/6502216

Stephen Ambrose

Ryde, NSW