birding-aus

Do owls carry their chicks?

To: birding-aus NEW <>
Subject: Do owls carry their chicks?
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 17:57:29 +1000
I have just read a story in The English Garden magazine in which an owlet,
described as "ä little ball of fluffy feathers" - and thus presumably
flightless - appears to have been plucked from a box beside an open window
by its parents and returned to the nest hollow.   I have tried to find out
if this is possible but Uncle Google has been uncooperative.  Do members of
this group have any knowledge of owls (Australian or British) carrying
their descendant chicks back to the nest?

I have recorded a recently fledged Tawny Frogmouth chick that had fallen on
to the ground rejoining its family
<http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/frogmouth-dramas.html>, but that
is a bit different to an unfledged chick being extracted from a box.

Martin Butterfield
http://franmart.blogspot.com.au/
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list