birding-aus

Fairy-wrens

To: Stephen <>
Subject: Fairy-wrens
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 22:43:41 -0700
I didnt realize how fortunate I was to spend time with Turquoise Parrots at
Nangar Park near Eugowra in 2008.  A small cooperative flock that came down
to a small bore and fed in nearby fields.  Thanks again to helpful Aussies
here on birding-aus that made it all happen.  I lucked out in my search
last Sept.  Perhaps it was too lush in the Park and the Turqs were
feeding/nesting elsewhere.

Don Kimball
www.aviandiscoverytours.com

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 9:47 PM, Stephen <> wrote:

> Allan,
>
> I was like your young birder last weekend when I saw my first Splendid
> Wren.
> I first took it for a female, but it was a male in non-breeding plumage. Of
> course it was a formal tick for the species, but I still don't feel that I
> have seen a real Splendid Wren. Similarly, it would have been unsatisfying
> to see a single female Turk. I avoided that disappointment by employing the
> greater one of seeing no Turks at all. Such is birding!
>
> Stephen
>
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>