birding-aus

Cameras for birding

Subject: Cameras for birding
From: Carol Abbott <>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 12:37:21 +1100
I use a Panasonic FZ200 which has a 24X Zoom. Yes I could do with a bigger
sensor, but if I get close enough to the bird, I do not have to crop too
much. If I was using the photos to get big prints, it might make a
difference, but I am using them as digitals, so the fact that I have a few
pixels less than my Canon, does not worry me too much. Low light can be an
issue, but this only happens at night if I want to shoot Owls.
I gave up on my Canon with it's 100-400mm zoom, because of weight.
Ideally I want my Panasonic with a bigger sensor and my Canon with a lot
less weight - but we don't live in a perfect world - yet........
Carol Abbott
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>