birding-aus

Massacre at Box Flats,

To: <>
Subject: Massacre at Box Flats,
From: "Barney Enders" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 11:53:19 +1000
Phil, you wrote,

If the Statutes of Limitations expires this month re the massacre of the
hundreds of birds at Box Flat 2013 then I wonder why this is only

being mentioned after the point in time.

Why wait till then before mentioning it for the first time .  Seems odd to
me.

Hey !  don't shoot the messenger.

Phil the event has been mentioned dozens of time on TV. Radio and many ,many
articles written in papers all over the country and was discussed
at great length on this forum some time back.

You can wonder no more as I only found the reference to the Statutes
Limitations on the "Coalition against Duck Shooting " Face Book Page
yesterday while

looking to see how many Freckled Ducks were shot opening morning and I won't
hold my breath till someone is charged for shooting them.

It's not the sort of thing that makes headlines in the Herald Sun or the
Age, of course they want to keep it quiet.

That is the reason I guess I waited twenty minutes to mention it, was that
to long ???

It might seem odd to you but it also seems odd to me when I talk at length
to people involved like members of Field and Game, Shooters Ass, Gun Clubs ,

Sporting Shooters, editors of their magazines etc  plus people from  "Water
for Wetlands" that are pushing  for environmental water for our swamps and
the duck

shooters themselves who all want these Rednecks brought to justice is the
lack of support they have received outside their own clubs.

I have spoken to several Bird Clubs that have written lets etc but I feel a
lot more could be done especially now to try and stop the addition of the
Freckled duck to

the hunting list.

There is a petition going around  for "Water For Wetlands"  you might be
interested in ???   massacre.

Barney.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list