birding-aus

Massacre at Box Flat.

To: <>
Subject: Massacre at Box Flat.
From: "Barney Enders" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:30:47 +1000
Thanks Carle and Denise for your posts, it gets very frustrating when one
bangs ones head against the wall.

I have a lot to do with various shooters as they are my eyes to where the
Freckled Ducks are as they do surveys on all the swamps in Vic. before

the season starts.

I found from talking to them they are very peed off at what has happened as
they are all now tarred with the one brush.

I have no fight with any shooters as they are protected by the law but I
resent any so-called shooter that stuffs it up for the rest.

My mother had a difficult birth with me as I had a Browning Auto in my hand
and a Fox whistle in my mouth, I've been there done that.

We have to realise there is big money involved and some of the country towns
it is there one and only big weekend for the year.

The D P I were told the Freckled Ducks were there before the opening but
they ignored the advice to close the swamp and closed others instead.

As no D P I inspectors were in attendance as they were deployed at other
spots ( Funny That) a shooter rang them from the swamp and told them what

was going on while it was happening, no body arrived till well after it was
finished and they included a female inspector although they saw the dead and

wounded birds they chose not to do anything.

Off topic a bit, a couple of guys went up to Wentworth for the S. A. duck
opening and were sitting around camp discussing the merits of the new fox
caller now

available and one suggested it wouldn't work as good as the other guy said
it would.

He suggested they try it, so they sat amongst the scrub along the river edge
and gave it a burst. two foxes came jogging along and they took one each,
which

endorsed the guys theory that they are very good.

A car rolled into camp with two D P I inspectors who tried to book them and
confiscate their guns because they didn't have written authority to shoot
feral

animals on the farmers property although they were there as his guests to
shoot ducks.

Then they tried to throw the book at them for throwing Carp back into the
river even though they had killed them, it is the law, you must leave them
on the bank.

( so the cats and foxes eat them ??? )

What is the country coming to, but I will say they were very brave men to
try that on some tired shooters with a skin full of V. B.

Barney.

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
<BR>