birding-aus

Feral Cat Problem

To: Ian Boyd <>
Subject: Feral Cat Problem
From: Charles <>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 19:05:15 +1100
Ian,

You have to start somewhere right?

Why don't all members email
as a starting point.

I have emailed Greg Hunt. Let's see what the Minister has to say.

I also had a very nice and supportive email from John Young this afternoon who
"is about to become very vocal" about the issue "publicly".

John also said he would carry a firearm if he could!

If there is support I will set up a website to get things started.

We have car enthusiasts as Senators these days......Feral Cat Party?

If anyone knows Green MPs, would love to know their position, and also that of
the Opposition.

What are Birdlife Australia doing in this area?

Cheers,
Charles Hunter

> On 19 Feb 2015, at 5:02 pm, "Ian Boyd" <> wrote:
>
> It is a pity that it takes the slaughter of a Night Parrot by a feral cat to
> get some people up in in arms baying for action.
>
> Whether it is the death of Night Parrot or a Peaceful Dove, I feel it is well
> passed time that a concerted effort by the birding world be made to kick the
> ‘powers to be’ into action re the out of control feral cat problem.
> Hopefully, some of the vocal deep thinkers out there could guide us ordinary
> every birders into ways we can establish some positive action. Postings on
> Birding-Aus and blogs etc would not even cause a ripple. What can we do and
> how can we do it. Rather than rhetoric, let’s be pro-active and get something
>  moving before it is too late; not only for the Night Parrot but for those
> little beauties that frequent my backyard.
>
> Ian Boyd
> Townsville
> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list