birding-aus

On being house-bond

To: Carl Clifford <>
Subject: On being house-bond
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 14:45:02 +0930
Then again in the sixties, when I contracted golden staph pneumonia, and along
with that septicaemia and encephalitis, I was rushed to the Royal Adelaide
Hospital.  They fought like heroes to save me.

Mind you some years later when I turned up injured after falling from my horse,
they missed my fractured pelvis, internal injuries and concussion, and sent me
home!

Denise
Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow
PO Box 71
Darwin River, NT, Australia 0841

PhD candidate, Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW.

Founding Member: Ecotourism Australia
Nominated by Earthfoot for Condé Nast’s International  Ecotourism Award, 2004.
043 8650 835

On 18 Feb 2015, at 2:31 pm, Carl Clifford <> wrote:

> Ah, the good old Australian medical system. Perhaps you should consider
> having it done in Singapore. Much better option. I came down with
> appendicitis in Penang some years back. I put off doing anything about it
> till I got to Singapore, where I ended up in S'pore General Hospital. I
> turned up at A&E at 13:30 and was in my room, minus appendix at 19:00. It was
> the only hospital I have stayed in that had a TV channel devoted to the food
> menu. My first meal was an excellent Nasi Lemak. I did not want to leave.
>
> Better luck next time,
>
> Carl Clifford
>

> On 18 Feb 2015, at 2:43 pm, Julian B <> wrote:
>
>> Greetings Denise & Carl
>>
>> Thanks for the concern but at around 0800 hours this morning, an hour prior
>> to the scheduled surgical procedure, the receptionist telephoned to say that
>> as the nurse was unavailable the surgery was cancelled.  That makes five
>> cancellations since late January.
>>
>> Trouble is, it plays havoc with birding plans.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Julian
>>
>> www.birdingsouthburnett.com
>> Twitter: @osprey00