birding-aus

A Knotty situation

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: A Knotty situation
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 15:33:02 +1100
I received this from a friend in the UK. I am passing it on, as I don't see why
I should suffer alone.

You may not know that Colin had a distinguished career in the Intelligence
services. One of his contacts was none other than James Bond and they met from
time to time on a quiet bit of foreshore on The Wash to exchange information.
On one such occasion, a small group of Knots were feeding out on the mud and,
as you would expect, Colin told Bond what they were, and a little about their
ecology and so forth. Suddenly, there was an audible "whoosh" as a stooping
Peregrine came hurtling down ..... The falcon missed its strike, as the waders
scattered in panic.
One bird, twisting and turning wildly,  passed very close to the two men, and
as it did so it defecated, leaving a white splurge across Colin's anorak.

"Ah," said 007, " shaken Knot's turd!"

Carl Clifford

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list