birding-aus

Mystery Black Cockatoos at Willunga South Australia

Subject: Mystery Black Cockatoos at Willunga South Australia
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 19:42:42 -0800
Okay as good fortune would have it I am waiting for my plane to travel from
Cairns to Adelaide.  A lady I am sitting next to chats about her home area
which is Willunga.

I am saying how great it would be to film Cockatoos and she pipes up and
says.  Oh there are quite a few Black-cockatoos where I am from in
Willunga.  They come and feed on the locally grown Almond trees in the
orchards.

Now I am totally mystified.  If I look at range maps for  Red-tailed Black
Cockatoo this species doesnt seem to be in the area.  Glossy-Black
Cockatoos are not that far away on Kangaroo Island.

So anyone have any idea what she sees at Willunga?

Thanks!

Don Kimball
<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list