birding-aus

RFI Melbourne Birds

To: <>
Subject: RFI Melbourne Birds
From: "Carl Weber" <>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 11:58:31 +1100
I will be in Melbourne for a few days in early December and would be most
grateful for recent information on some of the locals:

Barbary Dove

Is it possible to see them around Williamtown, or anywhere else?

Eurasian Tree Sparrow

I understand that they sometimes can be found at the Zoo. Is this still the
case? It would suit me as we have 5 year old to look after, and could kill
two introduced species with the one stone, as it were.

Are there any reliable sites in the suburbs?

Arctic Jaeger

We are staying near Southbank and understand that they have been sighted at
St Kilda in the past. Was this a rare sighting? We are prepared to travel
further around the bay if necessary.

Helmeted Honeyeater

Are there entry restrictions at Yellingbo, or can one just rock up?

Blue-winged Parrot

Any chance within an hour or two's drive from Southbank?

Banded Stilt

WTP? Anywhere else?

Thank you in advance,

Carl Weber