birding-aus

deterring swooping butcherbirds...

To: "" <>
Subject: deterring swooping butcherbirds...
From: "Arwen B. Ximenes" <>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 15:58:47 +1100
hi All,
I'd appreciate any suggestions on deterring swooping butcherbirds (Grey
Butcherbird, in Bullaburra west of Sydney) - my friend has a newborn baby and
can barely get out to the washing line to hang out nappies... She has to go out
wielding a broom "helicopter style".
Can anyone suggest anything other than waiting till nesting season is over?
There was one idea, to leave mince on the fence - would it still swoop the hand
that feeds it, would it become demanding as well as swoop? thoughts on this?And
how safe is the baby in the backyard (not to mention her 8 year old...).
Thanks in advance.
Arwen

<HR>
<BR> Birding-Aus mailing list