birding-aus

Duck shooting video

To: Debbie Lustig <>
Subject: Duck shooting video
From: Sonja Ross <>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 13:37:33 +1100
Hi to all,

I'm wading my way through emails after being in Kenya and Madagascar for just
over six weeks and am a little surprised that no-one has commented on this.

While I agree that the duck shooting season in Victoria should be stopped, I
have to say that I think the video is biased.   I do not support either of the
major political parties, but this seems to be blatantly anti the Victorian
Labour Party.  I seem to remember (though this may be wrong as I'm still a bit
jet-lagged) that it is the Coalition of Liberals and Nationals that changed the
legislation which has resulted in more protection for the hunters and
anti-shooters being targeted for prosecution, and that they extended the duck
shooting season.  In effect this means that both major parties support Duck
Shooting and it would only be fair to say this on the video, not targeting just
one party.

Sonja

On 28/09/2014, at 7:02 PM, Debbie Lustig <> wrote:

> The Coalition Against Duck Shooting (CADS) has released this video, in time
> for the Victorian state election:
> http://youtu.be/5GP-2R_lK5o
> The Labor Opposition in Victoria supports duck shooting.
> The video contains footage of injured and dead birds that some may find
> distressing.
>

> <HR>
> <BR> Birding-Aus mailing list
> <BR>