birding-aus

Albany Pelagic Trips - Nov 15 & 16

To: "" <>, Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Albany Pelagic Trips - Nov 15 & 16
From: John Graff <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:02:48 +0800

Hi all,

Due to the weather-related cancellation of the Albany pelagics scheduled for
the weekend just gone, we've organised an alternative weekend of trips.
Priority has been given to those who were booked on the cancelled trips, but
there are a number of spaces of remaining on both days. As usual, we will
travel 50km offshore to the drop-off at the edge of the continental shelf,
hoping to see a variety of albatross, petrel and shearwater species, and
hopefully something unusual! We haven't run a trip in November for almost
10yrs, but the skipper of the boat reckons November is one of the best months
for bird numbers - he isn't a birder, but said similar about May which has
yielded good results recently. Sooty Albatross, White-headed and Grey Petrel
were all seen on one of the previous two November trips also.

As always, the cost of the boat is split between participants - the cost is
expected to be $150/person/trip with full boats of 18 people, increasing to
$180/person/trip with the minimum of 15 people.

If you'd like to come along, please let me know - I need to confirm (or cancel)
our booking with the skipper by the end of the month. You're more than welcome
to book for a single trip or both trips, just please make it clear which day(s)
you'd like to book for

Cheers,
John

<HR>