birding-aus

Yellow Bittern in Brisbane.

To: "Paul Walbridge" <>, <>
Subject: Yellow Bittern in Brisbane.
From: "Greg and Val Clancy" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 15:44:33 +1000
Hi Paul,

Great record. Congratulations. I understood that there had been an earlier record of this species on the mainland. Christidis and Boles (2008) list it as V,CV indicating that it has been recorded as a vagrant in Australia and also on Christmas Island. I just checked HANZAB and it refers to a wind-blown immature near Kalgoorlie, WA on 23 January 1967 after cyclone.

Regards

Greg

Dr Greg. P. Clancy
Ecologist and Birding-wildlife Guide