birding-aus

More hybrids - corellas this time [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

To: "" <>
Subject: More hybrids - corellas this time [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: "Perkins, Harvey" <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 00:48:57 +0000
Hi Simon

FYI, some previous discussion re Little x Long-billed Corellas in Canberra:
http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds/2014-04/msg00013.html

To: "'Margaret Leggoe'" <>,
"" <>
Subject: Hybrid on Callum Brae??? [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: "Perkins, Harvey" <>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 03:23:43 +0000

There was a pair of corellas (one Little, one Long-billed) at/in a hollow in a
Blakely's Red Gum on 22 September last year at one of the sites that I survey
regularly on Red Hill as part of COG's Woodland Survey.

Prior to this, a Long-billed Corella had been recorded during these Red Hill
surveys on:

29 Mar 2008     with a flock of Sulphur-crested Cockatoos
27 Jun 2009     appeared to be a paired with a Little Corella as evidenced by
allopreening.
4 Oct 2009     ousted a galah from the vicinity of a nest hole then occupied
the entrance for the 10-minute duration of the survey.

The Red Hill site is not that far from Callum Brae - may well be the same pair.

Harvey
http://hdpphd.blogspot.com.au/