canberrabirds

Hybrid on Callum Brae??? [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

To: "'Margaret Leggoe'" <>, "" <>
Subject: Hybrid on Callum Brae??? [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: "Perkins, Harvey" <>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 03:23:43 +0000

Margaret

There was a pair of corellas (one Little, one Long-billed) at/in a hollow in a Blakely’s Red Gum on 22 September last year at one of the sites that I survey regularly on Red Hill as part of COG’s Woodland Survey.

Prior to this, a Long-billed Corella had been recorded during these Red Hill surveys on:

29 Mar 2008     with a flock of Sulphur-crested Cockatoos

27 Jun 2009     appeared to be a paired with a Little Corella as evidenced by allopreening.

4 Oct 2009     ousted a galah from the vicinity of a nest hole then occupied the entrance for the 10-minute duration of the survey.

The Red Hill site is not that far from Callum Brae – may well be the same pair.

Harvey

http://hdpphd.blogspot.com.au/