birding-aus

Unkindness of Ravens

To: Wendy McWilliams <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Unkindness of Ravens
From: storm <>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 10:58:07 +1000
hey Wendy,

Move the bird bath to a more protected area that ravens can not access or
cover with a very large cocky cage. The small birds will be able to get in
and out but not the larger birds. The cage has to have some dense foliage
around it so that the smaller birds have well protected exit routes

Nose disturbance is unlikely to be successful unless you are able to
sustain it for extended periods of time. It will also disturb all the other
birds and animals around. You could also talk to the Council about people
leaving bread out however I have no idea how successful that might be.

regards

storm