birding-aus

Grey Shrike-thrush

To: "<>" <>
Subject: Grey Shrike-thrush
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 07:49:27 +0930
 This is the entry from Annotated List of the Birds of the Top End (Thompson
and Goodfellow).  Hence my concern.
Range and status: moderately common in open forest and wooded gullies across
the region but rather local in the northern coastal areas and absent from
Darwin.  Storr includes Melville lsland and Groote Eylandt, with breeding from
October to February.  Atlas has record from Groote Eylandt but not Gove area.

Records: Occurs near Darwin on road to Middle Arm, at Manton Dam, at Litchfield
Park.  Rather sparsely distributed in the VRD area, 1976-77.  Quite common in
Kakadu around Koongarra, Nourlangie Rock and Nawulandja as well as in open
forest along the Kakadu Highway.  Carrying material near Cooinda and near
Nourlangie Rock, November 1985.  Recorded near Borroloola, October 1989.
Recorded at Mt Todd, 1989-90.  Records from Jasper Gorge, Keep River NP and VRD
area but seems to be rather scarce in the western sector.

Denise