birding-aus

Ospreys

To: Andrew Bell <>
Subject: Ospreys
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:41:34 +0930
Annotated List of Top End Birds (1991) by Thompson and Goodfellow gives a
record of nesting in upper South Alligator River in early mid 1980’s, and
reports that it is an occasional visitor to Katherine Gorge.

Once while carrying out surveys in the headwaters of the Douglas River (near
Pine Creek) a sea-eagle flew into camp pursuing a little red flying-fox.  On
capturing it, the bird sat in a dead tree above my camp and ate it, dropping
gore all over my tent.

Denise Lawungkurr  Goodfellow
PO Box 71
Darwin River, NT, Australia 0841