birding-aus

Hello Birdy

To: "Aus Birding" <>
Subject: Hello Birdy
From: "Julian Bielewicz" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 10:33:04 +1000
Oh dear!  Clearly I’m not too good at this.

Greg posted a comment about the missing “Hello Birdy” program; I responded;
Philip replied to my response and therein the saga became complicated.  Not
checking carefully, I assumed the [Philip] response had been another
contribution from Greg and answered as if it had come from Greg.

My [seemingly unpublished] post read:

Yes, you're probably right, "rubbish, total unmitigated rubbish" was perhaps
an extreme assessment.

My difficulty was, nay, remains, that I have a close friend back in
Shropshire [UK] who provides Fay and I with an almost endless stream of
wildlife programs recorded from the BBC and/or Channel 4.  We have, for
example, seen every episode of both Springwatch and Autumnwatch [with the
occasional Winterwatch] since the early 2000s -back to the Bill Oddie era.
We are always on the look-out for similar Australian content that is not
already scheduled for British television and, of course, there have bee a
few prime offerings but altogether meagre compared to the material Keith
sends us.

With the announcement of "Hello Birdy" here at last, or so Fay and I thought
at the time, was a program we could record and send across to Shropshire.

The rest, as they say, is history.  Maybe not "total unmitigated rubbish"
but certainly "mediocre at best and slightly embarrassing."

Cheers

Julian