birding-aus

Access to Hexham Swamp (NSW)

To: "" <>
Subject: Access to Hexham Swamp (NSW)
From: Mick Roderick <>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 22:33:21 -0800 (PST)
Hi everyone,

There has been some interest from birders external to the Hunter in how to
access Hexham Swamp (part of which lies in the Hunter Wetlands National Park).
In the past couple of months we've had some great birds here, including both
Eastern and Green-headed Yellow Wagtails, 2 Ruff, 3 Broad-billed Sands, at
least 2 Pectoral Sands, 50+ Marshies, 150+ Curlew Sands, 4000+ Sharpies
etc...even some shorebirds we're having trouble identifying!

Please see below for instructions on how to access the area, noting the
additional text I have added in the email I forwarded to our local chat group.

If anyone needs any further clarification they should contact me off-list.

Cheers
Mick

On Thursday, 16 January 2014 5:24 PM, Mick Roderick <>