birding-aus

Fork-tailed Swifts Flock Torres Strait. Qld.

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Fork-tailed Swifts Flock Torres Strait. Qld.
From: <>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:52:12 +1000
Gooday,
60+ Fork-tailed Swifts in feeding flock between Bluefish Point and towards
Heath Point on Muralug Beach, Prince of Wales Is. Qld. Date 14 January 2014.
Time 0840 – 0915. Weather hot and building up for storms.
Birds I estimated were the ones down low in a feeding flock. If I put my
glasses up into the sky I could observe 100’s of Swifts almost naked to the
eye.
Left for Thursday Is. at 9.15 no Swifts observed at TI after we went up to
Greenhill to check.

Regards
Jon and Camilla Wren
Muralug Beach