birding-aus

Graylag Goose - status in Victoria amongst other "tickable ferals"

To: David James <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: Graylag Goose - status in Victoria amongst other "tickable ferals"
From: Paul Rose <>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:50:27 +1100
Good afternoon,
Having recovered from a successful Victorian Twitchathon event, I would like to
add some final comments regarding the Greylag Goose et al.
Thank you to David James and others for your extensive, informative and
distinctly personal responses ...  it is quite remarkable when one examines the
range of responses over the past week, which has only solidified my intitial
query in being (as I somewhat suspected) a complex one.  Of course I was hoping
in some small way that I would be able to get a definitive response pointing
toward whether it was acceptable to list certain species on my personal
Australian list - alas, not, and it appears as if the situation will remain a
personal (and somewhat ethical) decision until, as David James suggested in his
e-mail, a process is put into place whereby BARC or similar authority takes
"ownership" of awarding species status to feral populations.
All the best,
Paul