birding-aus

Photo ID: Welcome Swallow nests?

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Photo ID: Welcome Swallow nests?
From: David Adams <>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 12:57:54 +1100
Thanks, I've had another off-list answer of Fairy Martin's as well...and
both of you mentioned the name Bottle Swallows which I'm now guessing is
based on the nest shape. The cup-shaped nests look like Welcome Swallow
nests to me, are the tube (bottle) nests the Fairy Martins? We get them
around here (far south coast of NSW) but I don't remember ever seeing a
Fairy Martin nest. Is it typical for these species to nest in the same spot?

Thanks!