birding-aus

Emu shooting in Wyperfeld

To: "birding-aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Emu shooting in Wyperfeld
From: Peter Morgan <>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 08:35:19 +1100
There have been a few responses to our email about the emu incident. It has
been good to have the reactions, including those directly to us.
I guess I was being cautious about what I posted on a public forum while
investigations are under way, and I still think I shouldn't expand more.

I will say that late Saturday, in a remote area without any reception, it is
not easy to get through to authorities.  The policeman I spoke to didn't know
the np, let alone where it was.

For Ross McFarlane:  we found a pair of sunglasses at the Wonga kitchen which
might have belonged to one of the Malleefowl recovery group.  Left them in the
info centre, and told David they were there.

Peter Morgan