birding-aus

Night Parrot debate

Subject: Night Parrot debate
From: Eric Jeffrey <>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:32:31 -0400 (EDT)
A quick view from across the ocean.  It is, of course necessary to distinguish between news media and what are essentially publications for entertainment.  Even many news media will "manipulate" photos when the change has no substantive relevance.  When reading a birding magazine,as opposed to a scientific journal, I no more expect bird photos to be untouched for cosmetic reasons than I do models on magazine covers.

I understand the importance of the discovery, but this quibbling strikes me as essentially a tempest in a teapot among people impatient to see the raw photos..

Just my two cents (or about 2.1 cents in Australian dollars).

Eric Jeffrey
Falls Church, VA
USA