birding-aus

Chestnut-backed Buttonquail in the Top End?

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Chestnut-backed Buttonquail in the Top End?
From: robert morris <>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 23:42:57 +0000
Dear All
I am hoping to have a spare day - next Sunday in the Top End (work trip) and
have one target bird. CBBQ!
Any tips or recent locations I should search?  Chainman Creek? Marakai Track?
I did flush one back in 2007 at Chainman Creek but my objective is to see one
walking around feeding without it / them knowing I'm there - or at least
without disturbing them. I don't get much out of flushing button-quails and
watching their backsides disappear in a blur! So news on any good areas -
recently burnt etc. would be much appreciated.
Kind regards
Rob Morris