birding-aus

size please

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: size please
From: "Peter Madvig" <>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 23:16:22 +1100
Hi all,

I've tried asking around and still haven't managed to get, what I thought was a
simple answer.

I have perused HANZAB and field guides, and tried Google..... I just cannot
find a size description for the migratory Gull-billed Tern, affinis, for
comparison purposes ( the closest says "smaller Gull-billed.."). Have seen
affinis often, but I'd just like a size - like they give birds in the field
guides. Nothing scientifically involved, thanks. In other words, overall
length, not wingspan, or bill length, or..!

Much appreciated, thanks birders.
Cheers
Peter Madvig