birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 00:05:05 +1030
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
Monday, September 30, 2013 to Sunday, October 6, 2013:

Area: SA

Date: Thursday, October 3, 2013

Location: Warnes's Scrub

Little Pied Cormorant (Phalacrocorax melanoleucos) (1) Flew up from shallow dam
opposite our scrub. Last seen heading west.

Australian Ringneck (Barnardius zonarius) (1)

Cockatiel (Nymphicus hollandicus) (1)

All birds were seen as I drove along our driveway, both parrots flew into the
scrub. The cormorant has not been seen since.

Reported by: Michael Warnes on Saturday, October 5, 2013

Date: Saturday, October 5, 2013

Location: A small scrub just off Boundary Road, approx 300m from our scrub. 5km
east of Owen.

Crimson Chat (Epthianura tricolor) (1) A single male bird. A quite uncommon
sighting in our area.

Went back to the site with the camera this afternoon and discovered that it was
a pair. Fingers crossed that they breed!

Reported by: Michael Warnes on Saturday, October 5, 2013

Date: Saturday, October 5, 2013

Location: pengilly scrub, roseworthy

Blue-winged Parrot (Neophema chrysostoma) (2) 1 pair seen perched 255 meters nw
of entrance

Horsfield's Bushlark (Mirafra javanica) (1) seen singing on fence north side of
molley road, 2.5 km from main north rd

White-winged Triller (Lalage tricolor) (2) singing constantly

Rufous Songlark (Cincloramphus mathewsi) (6) singing and very approachable

White-browed Woodswallow (Artamus superciliosus) (30) very common here at the
moment

Brown Treecreeper (Climacteris picumnus) (1) 150 meters wnw of entrance

Reported by: David Newman on Saturday, October 5, 2013

Date: Sunday, October 6, 2013

Location: 300m east of Warnes's Scrub

Black Honeyeater (Certhionyx niger) (1) A single juvenile bird, and only the
second time I have seen these birds on our property. I found it in my father's
Eremophila collection which is about a three acre block that is full of
flowering natives at the moment.

White-fronted Honeyeater (Phylidonyris albifrons) (4) Heard them before I found
them. I saw at least four different birds, but there may be more there. This is
my first sighting of these birds on our property. Tried unsuccessfully for a
decent photograph for nearly an hour, but as you can see I didn't get one.

Great to see all those different birds around at the moment. Not sure what is
going to turn up next.

Reported by: Michael Warnes on Sunday, October 6, 2013

Need more information about a sighting? Login and contact the poster directly.

Receive sightings via email or SMS immediately they are posted.

Not a member of Birdpedia? Membership is free and gives you access to
information for over 230 countries.

To sign up go to the Birdpedia Web Site (http://www.birdpedia.com/).

To find out more about Birdpedia and what it can do for you, see 'What is
Birdpedia?'