birding-aus

GPS for vocalisation recording

To: Peter Shute <>
Subject: GPS for vocalisation recording
From: David Richardson <>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 11:59:36 +1000
One of the points mentioned in the original post was that the GPS be
capable of deep forest satellite acquisition.I don't know much about iphone
or camera GPS functions but I doubt they would operate accurately in
situations other than clear sky satellite acquisition.That is why a
dedicated GPS unit,and a very good one at that,would be of more use.
perhaps someone on list who has knowledge of this could post a relpy
addressing that point?