birding-aus

Graceful or Yellow-spotted Honeyeater

To: Graeme Chapman <>, "" <>
Subject: Graceful or Yellow-spotted Honeyeater
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:14:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Graeme,

After Jeff C. has provided us with another photo, some of us had a further
off-line discussion. The second photo looks like a straight forward
Yellow-spotted Honeyeater to all of us. The two pictures were taken a few
minutes apart from each other, and Jeff said he had never seen more than one
bird at a time. Lloyd and I had different opinions. I think that both pictures
were of the same bird and hence the ID (based on the second picture) would be
Yellow-spotted HE. Lloyd thinks that the pictures showed two different birds,
the first one being a Graceful HE and the second being a Yellow-spotted HE.

Best wishes,

Nikolas

Nikolas Haass

Brisbane, QLD