birding-aus

Australian Pratincole in Noosa, SEQld

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Australian Pratincole in Noosa, SEQld
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 12:07:00 +1000
Hi Everyone,

In case there are birders who are keen to see a pratincole on the coast, we saw one yesterday on the northern sandspit of the Noosa River, SEQ. I was away for last month's survey, but one of my companions said it is the same bird (stake his life on it) that they were unable to ID with a quick glimpse last month. (In their notes for last month they described a bird like a small kestrel.) This suggests the bird may have been around for a while.

If you go there, please be aware of Red-capped Plover runners on the same sandspit. The parents will let you know if you worry them.

Cheers,

Jill
--
Jill Dening