birding-aus

Birdline Northern Territory Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Northern Territory Weekly Update
Date: 15 Jul 2013 07:04:04 +1000

Birdline Northern Territory

Published sightings for the week ending 14 Jul 2013.

Sat 13 Jul Freckled Duck Tennant Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant
4 Freckled Duck in pond at midday today. Also a lone Greenshank
Pete & Lisa Nunn

Sun 7 Jul Rainbow Pitta Mangarre Walk - East Alligator District, Kakadu
Rainbow Pitta: 2 birds heard calling each side of walking track close to first viewing platform. 1 bird made a brief appearance. Photo ID.
George and Teresa Baker

Chestnut-quilled Rock-Pigeon Bardedjilidji, Kakadu National Park
Chestnut-quilled Rock-Pigeon (4) birds emerged from under large rock to feed in open woodland. Chestnut wing markings and white face/body ,markings noted. Photo ID.
George and Teresa Baker

Mon 1 Jul Yellow-billed Spoonbill private billabong, Point Stuart Rd
billabong had some water in it in July, even after a very poor wet season. We saw birds here that we didn't see anywhere else in Kakadu or Mary River NPs - there must be some interesting conditions at this site. Also a possible Sparrowhawk seen, but not 100% sure of id. Yellow-billed Spoonbill (1) feeding with Royal Spoonbills. Pics taken - sorry for poor quality (we were viewing from road so a fair way off)
Janine Duffy, Roger Smith

Mon 1 Jul Australian Bustard Point Stuart Wilderness Lodge
Australian Bustard (1) male bird flew in to buffalo paddock. Walked and flew to small dam on south boundary. Pics taken. Owners say there are often plenty around on neighbouring private properties.
Janine Duffy, Roger Smith

Birdline Northern Territory is hosted by Eremaea Birds.