birding-aus

American Golden Plover at Boat Harbour, NSW, accepted

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: American Golden Plover at Boat Harbour, NSW, accepted
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:10:28 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

Normally I send this kind of information only to my co-observers but this bird
was so popular that I thought to post it on Birding-Aus and Eremaea in order to
reach all observers:

Earlier today I got an e-mail from Tony Palliser with the following news:

"Submission No 766: American Golden Plover Pluvialis dominica Boat Harbour,
NSW. 12th January 2009 to 28th March 2009.
Submitted by: Tun Pin Ong, Nikolas Haass, Graham Buchan and David Stowe.
Verdict: Accepted

This is the 3rd confirmed record for Australia. The first was a worn and faded
juvenile seen and photographed at Byron Bay, NSW on 8 November 1994 (BARC case
no. 189) and a well photographed individual at the Dry Creek Saltfields, SA in
November 2006 (BARC Case No. 529)."

The full acceptance letter with detailed information on the acceptance process
will be uploaded onto the BARC website soon:

http://www.tonypalliser.com/barc/barc-home.html

(klick on "Index of Decisions and Case Summaries" and scroll down all the way
to #766)

Best wishes,

Nikolas

P.S. Yes I know that the bird was reported on Birdline NSW as late as 3rd April
2009 and on birding-aus as late as 5th April 2009.