birding-aus

Volunteers in Melbourne for yellow robin study

To: "" <>
Subject: Volunteers in Melbourne for yellow robin study
From: <>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 02:02:00 +0000
Do you live in eastern Melbourne and love seeing woodland birds in your local
parks and reserves?

If so, you might like to volunteer some of your time to help understand the
threats that our increasing urban areas have on woodland birds. I am a PhD
student at Deakin University in Burwood, currently looking for keen-eyed
volunteers to help me explore the effects of urbanisation on Eastern Yellow
Robins.

I have colour-banded robins in Wilson Reserve, Ivanhoe; Shepherds Bush, Glen
Waverley; and in the Dandenong Ranges National Park, near Olinda and Selby. I
am trying to understand if home-range and territory sizes differ in the 'urban'
reserves, compared to the 'forest' locations. I am looking for help with
re-sightings of the banded birds.

More detailed information can be found at:
http://urbanrobins.wordpress.com/volunteering/

If you are interested in helping out, please contact me at
 or on 0403 195 663.

Christine Connelly

PhD Candidate, Deakin University