birding-aus

neonicotinoids impact on birds

Subject: neonicotinoids impact on birds
From: Paul Taylor <>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 21:07:07 +1000
On 12/05/2013 6:33 PM, Carl Clifford wrote:
What I find curious about this campaign, is that only one retailer is being
targeted for selling neonicotinoids. I would be interested to follow the money
trail behind the campaign.

"*Bunnings Warehouse and others still stock their shelves with neonicotinoid pesticides*, spreading the ecosystem-destroying toxin to homes and gardens across the _United States_."
(Underlining added.)

Do they even have Bunnings in the USA? There's an identical campaign against Home Depot and Lowe's from the same site; it looks like someone didn't proofread their cut and paste. That said, Bunnings do stock neonicotinoid pesticides (e.g.
imidacloprid.)

This article from the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority
may be of interest:
http://www.apvma.gov.au/news_media/chemicals/neonics.php