birding-aus

URL links in birding-aus posts

To: <>
Subject: URL links in birding-aus posts
From: "Greg Roberts" <>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 10:24:11 +1000
I have a problem regularly with publishing URL links in birding-aus posts.

Often I report the most interesting birds seen during an outing, a boat-trip
or whatever, and then provide a link to a blog post I have published or
somewhere else, where further details and photographs can be accessed.
However, the last bit of the link for the blog post is not highlighted in
the published birding-aus post. So anyone clicking on it will be taken to
the blog home page, where they will have to search for the relevant post. It
appears that the blog post link is too long for birding-aus to deal with
(although there is nothing exceptional about the lengths of these post
links).

I've emailed Russell a couple of times about this but not had any replies;
maybe he has been away. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions about
dealing with the problem.

Greg Roberts