birding-aus

Budgies moving east

To: "Mick Roderick" <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Budgies moving east
From: "Jenny Stiles" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:27:35 +1000
Hi Mick & list,
Thanks for initiating a discussion about the recent Budgie sightings. I was on the Cumberland Bird Observers outing that spotted 5 Budgies in a tree by the side of the road in the Capertee Valley. We had stopped to look at Diamond Firetails & Zebra Finches and then became interested in a Eucalypt tree behind us that was full of birds. Red-Rumped Parrots, Dusky Woodswallows & Budgerigars could be viewed all at once perching in the same part of the tree. It was a real thrill to see them, especially as I had not realised that Budgerigars ever came this close to Sydney! I had only seen them once before in the wild and that was at Kata Tjuta.
Hopefully we have a very interesting autumn and winter ahead.