birding-aus

Birdline Tasmania Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline Tasmania Weekly Update
Date: 8 Apr 2013 01:31:57 +1000

Birdline Tasmania

Published sightings for the week ending 7 Apr 2013.

Fri 5 Apr Grey-tailed Tattler Ralphs Bay Conservation Area, Lauderdale
Grey-tailed Tattler (1) present again today feeding on the bay side near the bridge over Lauderdale canal. It gradually fed its way further from the shore over the 2 hours I was observing.
Rob Hamilton

Mon 1 Apr Freckled Duck Gould's Lagoon, Austin's Ferry
Freckled Ducks are still present at Gould's Lagoon. Four birds seen swimming south through reeds parallel to road as we arrived, two continued South, while two paddled back and forth amongst reeds for a time, allowing only poor photo opportunities in fading light. Remaining two re-located on edge of small bay to extreme south of lagoon, but something spooked everything before we could get close, and three "brown ducks" (but difficult to ID) flew across into lagoon on Eastern side of road. Hence, there are definitely 4, and possibly 5 present.
John and Shirley Tongue

Birdline Tasmania is hosted by Eremaea Birds.