birding-aus

Barn owl being mobbed by crows

To: 'Philip Veerman' <>, 'Sean Brealey' <>
Subject: Barn owl being mobbed by crows
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 13:15:52 +1100
Are Barn Owls really low in numbers? I would have thought that the main reason
they're not seen that often is because they're nocturnal. I've only seen 3 or 4
myself, but I've never gone looking for them. Was it last year that people were
seeing lots of them around Melbourne?

I've no idea if crows are in unnaturally high numbers either. It's quite
likely, but you'd think only around tips, and that most of the unpopulated
areas are unaffected.

Peter Shute