birding-aus

Bird 'massacre' in Victoria

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Bird &#x27;massacre&#x27; in Victoria
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:14:02 +1100
If there really were 2000 birds killed at one wetland, including swans, etc,
then some shooting friends of mine are of the opinion that it wouldn't be
possible to do it by shooting. I.e the birds would clear out before you could
kill that many.

They were intrigued that they hadn't heard of the incident, and were of the
opinion that it might have been done with poison. There were also some
conspiracy theories suggested, including bringing birds from elsewhere.

Any opinions? Would it be possible to shoot this many birds? 150 shooters were
mentioned, but would you really find that many shooters prepared to cooperate
in something like this? I'm sure there are some that would, but the fines are
severe, and many shooters are apparently quite paranoid about being caught.

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry