birding-aus

Birdline South Australia Weekly Update

Subject: Birdline South Australia Weekly Update
Date: 11 Mar 2013 01:31:33 +1000

Birdline South Australia

Published sightings for the week ending 10 Mar 2013.

Mon 4 Mar Freckled Duck Greenfields Wetlands, Dry Creek
Five Freckled Ducks were observed at the wetlands.
Luke Paterson

Mon 25 Feb Peregrine Falcon, Noisy Miner O.G. Road, Klemzig
I was in my vehicle and was stationary in traffic. The weather was mild to warm. Peregrine Falcon (1) I observed one peregrine falcon fly directly over head of O.G. Road and land on the power lines to the left of my vehicle. My vehicle was stationary in the left lane so I was able to get a good look at the bird for some minutes. The peregrine falcon stayed on the power lines for several minutes and then the traffic in front of my vehicle cleared so I had to leave the bird. I did not get any photographs. The peregrine falcon appeared to be an older bird as it had a white chin and dark barring on its belly. The head, cheeks and nape were black in colour. Noisy Miner (1) One noisy miner flew over to the peregrine falcon and began to pester the falcon by flying around it, swooping at it and by making loud noises. Eventually the noisy miner flew away and the peregrine falcon remained on the power lines.
Jade Adams

Birdline South Australia is hosted by Eremaea Birds.