birding-aus

You won't hear it coming

To: Carl Clifford <>,
Subject: You won't hear it coming
From: Jim Smart <>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:30:25 +1100
Hello Birding-Aus people,

As Carl has pointed out the Shooters are keen to use silencers on their guns when shooting in our National Parks. However the negative response to this proposal has been so strong that the Premier of NSW has now issued a statement
saying that it will not happen.

See: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/ofarrell-shoots-down-bid-by-hunters-to-use-silencers-20130226-2f2qx.html

This demonstrates that the Premier is, well at least a little bit, responsive to public opposition . Accordingly people who would like to use national parks without fear of being shot should voice their feelings to the Premier and the Minister for the
Environment.
Barry O'Farrell:
Robyn Parker:
<>
The political problem is that Barry O'Farrell has promised Nick Greiner and his associates that he will find billions of dollars to build more roads all over Sydney. The only way he can think of to find this money is to sell the coal burning power stations to overseas companies. To do this he needs the support of the Shooters Party in Parliament. The Shooters are demanding that he fulfil their wish list which is basically to allow anything to do with guns in America to happen here. So as a consequence we bird watchers
will now risk being shot every time we go birding in a NSW National Park.

Cheers,

Jim Smart
East Maitland NSW