birding-aus

Kingfisher Park

To: <>
Subject: Kingfisher Park
From: "Geoff Jones" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:04:31 +1100
Good Afternoon Everyone

                                             In early Jan I met up with my
eldest son in Cairns and we then spent 6 days at Kingfisher Park and the
surrounding area. We had a marvellous time and spent quite a bit of time
talking to Keith and Lindsey as well as a local bird guide David ( Chook )
Crawford who helped me find some great birds in the area and drank most of
my beer! The birding was excellent around the park and up at Mt Lewis and my
son was invaluable to me for hearing the birds as I am as deaf as a post and
his eyesight was just as good as mine for picking up movement in the bush.
Also it was very gratifying to Photograph with him and spend some quality
time. Anyway there is no need for me to get to sentimental here so this is
my usual link to around 60 photos from part of my trip up north.
http://www.barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup
<http://www.barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0>
&cat=0 Also a major MILESTONE for Barraimaging passing over 4000 photos now
on my website with 733 Species photographed in Australia and its
territories, Here's hoping for 750 by the end of this year. Also I would
just like to congratulate John Weigel for his outstanding BIG Year as I
bumped into him on a couple of occasions and a great bloke he was to have
around. Also to Roger, Nikolas, Raja and the rest of the crew who
continually go out on Pelagics to bring us these fantastic birds,
Congratulations on such a MEGA!

Kindest Regards

Geoff Jones

Website www.barraimaging.com.au