birding-aus

identified bird - information, I hope

Subject: identified bird - information, I hope
From: Andrew Stafford <>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 16:48:29 +1000
It's "Fawlty"

:)

Philip Veerman wrote:
Thanks for that. It looked very close but I only compared two pictures. I
did not look at Emperor FW photos on the net. I think though, I'm 60 / 40 or
70 / 30 or even more, towards the better suggestion of a Masked Gnatcatcher,
with all the grays shifted to blues, than my pretty good suggestion of an
Emperor Fairy-wren. I don't know either species.

I at least gave them the benefit of the doubt of having a bird in the same
genus and region of the world. Astonishing why they would do that. As Basil
Faulty would say, they "are from Barcelona." The real thing to do is to
write to the company to ask what they did and why. They have a contact page.
They cited the Birds in Backyards project, so why go to that effort of
getting it wrong. It is weird. Perhaps one to ask the Gruen Planet.

Philip