birding-aus

Hobby or Peregrine?

To: Birding-Aus Aus <>
Subject: Hobby or Peregrine?
From: "Sandra & Neil Shelley" <>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 21:32:34 +1100
Thanks to everyone for their feedback.  The unanimous decision was
Peregrine Falcon.

Interestingly, three people observed the falcons: the photographer went for
Australian Hobby; I went for Peregrine Falcon; the other was noncommittal,
not having had good views of the birds.

I did consult several field guides (Debus 2nd ed. and Czechura & Field),
but still wasn't certain - thus my posting on Birding Aus.