birding-aus

Needletails

To: <>
Subject: Needletails
From: "Paul" <>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:42:33 +1100
Tried sending this to Mike Tarburton but it bounced, must be an old addresss.

Hi Mike,
Saw my first WTNs yesterday, about 4PM, feeding up high, just below the clouds,
about 30 birds. Later at 8PM they had come down to tree top level (I assume it
was the same lot) and were zooming about in company with three Dollarbirds.
Fascinating to see the different styles of flight, both equally effective it
seemed.
Paul Osborn
Bulahdelah, NSW
32 22 19 S, 152 12 50 E